Information for the use of TENS
- Locate the pain and place the electrodes on either side of it and just slightly above. Our intention here is to create a gate the pain must pass through before it reaches the brain.
- Turn the power knob on until you feel a very uncomfortable electrical charge and then back it off just a little bit until you still feel it quite strong. Our intention here is to confuse the pain with the strength of the signal and to give an endorphin release that will help to numb the pain.
- Spot the pain and put one electrode on the pain and the other one on an acupuncture point (trigger point).
- Turn the power knob on until you hardly feel the electric charge and then back it off until you feel nothing.
- If after a while you start feeling the electrical charge, you will either turn the power down or move either electrode to a new location.
- After you take the electrodes off your body, you need to wet them with one finger so they can reconstitute themselves again and stick them back on the plastic.
- The minimum usage of this device is 3 times a day for half hour. But if your pain is such that you need to use it more then the rule is to have it off for the same amount of time that it was left on. So, if you have it on for 10 min then have it off for 10 min, and do not leave it on for more than one hour a time.
- Start with plus width of 120 and a plus rate of 80